Wednesday, January 02, 2013

D&D Next, next

I could go into a long rant about what I see wrong in D&D Next, but I wont.  As the year begins and we close in on the anniversary of it's announcement I have this to say to the WotC crew.

I HAVE THE MONEY, 
BUT I DON'T HAVE THE TIME

KISS the rules folks.  You're making it too complex and not actually making anything new.  Sell me something light and refreshing.  Then sell me all the additional content and material.  LATER, when I understand what you're talking about.

I haven't signed up for the playtest material because, honestly,  I don't have the time to read through all that stuff.  I haven't finished reading +BareBones RPG which I purchased a month or two ago.  I haven't purchased 14 other things on my wish list because I know I won't be reading them any time soon.

Also, I do programming for a living.  I see enough if-then-else statements at work.  I don't want to disconnect from it all and see more of them with the rogue, cleric et al. progression path.  Trim down on the complexity please.

Please, make it concise, simple and quick.

No comments: